KOM and APOS Safeguard SAP® BusinessObjects™ with APOS Storage Center and KOMpliance. Together the integrated solution provides optimal protection of SAP data throughout its lifecycle and enable customers to improve system performance, maximize storage efficiency, and address long-term storage and regulatory compliance requirements.
Check it out and share >>
EMR, EHR, & HIPAA
Protecting – Health Information
If you are a healthcare covered entity or a business associate of a covered entity, you are directly liable for the security and privacy of the health information you manage. As required by the HITECH Act, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has issued guidance that states, “only encryption and destruction, consistent with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines, renders protected health information unusable, unreadable, or indecipherable to unauthorized individuals”, thus secure and exempt from breach notification obligations (See 74 FR 42741-43).
KOMpliance is designed to reduce the soaring costs and complexities associated with the long-term retention and protection of stored electronic medical records (EMR) as well as business data from MIS applications.
Ensure compliance with HIPAA rules for stored data
KOMpliance’s patented technologies specifically address HIPAA requirements for privacy, security, and retention.
|Rules-based Access Control||Rules-based policies automatically control access to all health information records providing a complete chain of custody.|
|High Availability||Reduces or prevents delays in accessing records.|
|Data Redundancy||Increases data protection levels and functions as an integral part of Disaster Recovery plans.|
|Rules-based Retention||Different retention periods can be set for, and are automatically applied to records, based on health information record types.|
|Data Integrity||Protects data from alteration, corruption or deletion. Information is stored using immutable e-WORM hard disk archiving technology.|
|Data Encryption||Protects the privacy and confidentiality of patient records.|
|Digital Signature||Provides irrefutable data authentication.|
|Secure Data Shredding||Securely disposes of deleted records, ensuring their contents can never be misused.|
KOMpliance Advantage for Healthcare
- KOMpliance creates a virtual storage volume to safeguard your data regardless of its actual physical location on your network.
- File protection and retention policies are assigned instantaneously, on a file-by-file basis and enforced from the moment the files are created, until they are eligible to be disposed of.
- This unique capability transparently secures all files immediately and eliminates any chance of a file being left unprotected.
- Automated Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) features reduce the complexity of managing files over very long periods of time.
- KOMpliance easily integrates with most applications and storage systems. KOMpliance is Windows© based, uses open standards and protocols, and is available as either a NAS Server or an FC- or iSCSI-SAN Gateway.
With more than 40 years of experience and hundreds of healthcare customers we have the most trusted and affordable secure storage solutions to address your data management issues and budgetary constraints.
Let us show you how KOMpliance can help. Contact a KOMpliance expert today and ask for a product demonstration
+1 (613) 599-7205.